One of the things to understand is that the Your Max TV app uses your internet connection to STREAM from the source NOT DOWNLOAD to your device, so playback is dependent on your connection between the source and the player. If your connection is too slow(below 10 Mbps) or unstable you will have buffering issues.
Another reason for excessive buffering is your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is throttling/restricting your connection. The best way to prevent this is with a VPN (Virtual Private Network). There are plenty of FREE and PAID VPNs available. We recommend using a paid version that does not limit your data usage or connections. We suggest looking at IPVanish or Surfshark. Feel free to research other VPNs and compare.
Below we have provided some steps to help you correct most of common issues that you may experience.
Determine if it’s your connection, device or feed.
- Connect your Firestick to your phone’s mobile hotspot or another internet connection.
(This will tell us if it is your connection through your home internet connection.)
- If the issue is resolved then we can rule out the feed issue, it’s definitely in your wifi connection or device. Another tell tell sign that it’s not a service issue is that you experience the same issue on most other feeds. If there is ever a known issue with the feed we will announce it in the telegram group along with updates as soon as they are available.
- If you’re still having issues try the steps below to resolve them.
Resetting the Max TV app
- Log out of Max TV
- Clear cache: From your firestick home screen select settings, applications, manage installed applications, select Max TV, clear cache. DO NOT CLEAR DATA.
- Reset your wifi router.
- Wait for router to boot back up.
- Log back into your Max TV account.
- Update channels and guide: It should do this automatically but at some point you may have to do it manually if you are having issues.
- Press and hold the select and play buttons on your remote until your firestick restarts. This is called a hard reboot.
Reinstalling the app
As a last resort it may be necessary to uninstall the Your Max TV app and reinstall it. Follow the instructions at https://yourmaxtv.com/amazon-fire-tv-stick/https://yourmaxtv.com/amazon-fire-tv-stick/ to reinstall the latest version of the app.
Resetting your password
If you have performed the steps above and still have issues then a password reset may help. Your password must be between 8-10 characters long, contain both upper & lower case letters and at least one number. Once you have created your new password enter it in the details section in the form below along with your username and your request to make the change to your password.
Still having issues
If you have followed all of the above steps and you’re still experiencing issues, complete the form below. We will check to see if the problem can be duplicated on our end. If so we will inform our tech team and get the issue resolved. Otherwise we will have your support team member contact you via telegram or the number provided below to work with you 1 on 1 and try to resolve the issue.