Installing Max TV on your Android device
What is an APK File?
An Android Package Kit (APK for short) is the package file format used by the Android operating system for distribution and installation of mobile apps. Just like Windows (PC) systems use an .exe file for installing software, the APK does the same for Android. When you download an APK online, you’re essentially getting an app. Most users get apps from the Google Play Store, without ever seeing the word APK. But there are occasions when you would want to do otherwise.
Why would I want to install an APK File?
APK files of new Android builds are often leaked ahead of time, giving you early access to all the exciting new features that otherwise wouldn’t be available to you. Also, some apps are restricted to regions outside of your own. App updates can take a frustrating amount of time to arrive automatically over the air. Getting the latest APK for your favorite apps will let you jump the queue. Or you might even not like a particular app after an update, and want to install an older version instead. And if your Android device lacks access to the Google Play Store, APK files may be your only option for installing apps on your device.
How to install an APK on your Android device
- You can install APK files on your Android smartphone or tablet directly from your browser.
- Just open your browser, enter https://firelink.app/Maxtvnew.apk or click the link on your device– you should then be able to see it downloading on the top bar of your device.
- Before you can install it on your phone you will need to make sure that third-party apps are allowed on your device.
- Go to Menu > Settings > Security > and check Unknown Sources to allow your phone to install apps from sources other than the Google Play Store.
- Newer versions of Android do things a little differently. Rather than check a global setting to allow installation from unknown sources, you’ll be prompted to allow your browser or file manager to install APKs the first time you attempt to do so.
- Once it’s downloaded, open Downloads, tap on the APK file, and tap Yes when prompted.
- The app will begin installing on your device. Simple.